- COMMERCIAL BIOGAS BAG DIGESTER INTRODUCTION
Biogas is one of the most untapped sources of natural and sustainable energy available with the capacity to supply at a commercial level. Although biogas is used all over the world (India for instance has more than 12 million digesters), biogas in South Africa is practically unknown especially at a commercial biogas bag digester capacity. In comparison a very a small number of small scale digesters (less than 100) have successfully been built and commissioned to date here in South Africa. Most of these were small scale domestic digester, with only a handful of commercial biogas bag digester plants currently in operation in South Africa.
As a source of alternative, sustainable energy it fulfils all the criteria relating to environmental sustainability, requires relative low technological input and, under certain conditions, may be cost effective to implement.
- PRIMARY BENEFITS OF A COMMERCIAL BIOGAS BAG DIGESTER
• Production of gas suitable for lighting, cooking and heating
• Production of electricity- Waste heat may be employed for the production of low pressure steam and/or hot water
• Additional possibilities include use of waste heat for refrigeration
• In certain instances, electricity, heat and refrigeration is possible - Tri-generation
- ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF A COMMERCIAL BIOGAS BAG DIGESTER
• Digester effluent may be used as high quality fertiliser and soil amendment substrate
• Reduction of odours in the output material from the digester
• CO2 in exhaust gas may be employed in greenhouses to increase yield of crops
- COMMERCIAL BIOGAS BAG DIGESTER COMPLEXITY
The Biogas Bag Digester is a quick and easy way to enter the commercial sized digester market at a very competitive price structure. It is aimed at higher volume processing of organic waste to energy, is easy to install and operate and is much easier to ship as well. The units come as a complete kit, inclusive of the high strength PVC balloon digester, pressure pump, desulfurizer, pressure release valve as well as gas pipe and fittings. The units are currently still imported, but there is ongoing development to have them manufactured here in SA.
- PRICING OF COMMERCIAL BIOGAS BAG DIGESTERS
SIZE PRICE GAS CAPACITY
10 m3 - R15,400 Excl. VAT (3 – 5 m3 gas / day) (Increased 1 November 2014)
15 m3 - R20,900 Excl. VAT (5 – 7 m3 gas / day) (Increased 1 November 2014)
20 m3 - R26,400 Excl. VAT (6 – 10 m3 gas / day) (Increased 1 November 2014)
- TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Price Excl. VAT
• Delivery Ex-works Johannesburg
• Prices is for a DIY Kit and excludes installation
BIOGAS PRODUCTION INDICATION CAPACITY BENCHMARK FROM FOODWASTE:
1 Ton Foodwaste = +/- 50 - 60 m3 BIOGAS
1 m3 BIOGAS = +/- 0.45 Kg LPG Gas Energy Equivalent
1 m3 BIOGAS = +/- 1,5 kWh Energy Equivalent
NOTE - These are approximate indications - each feedstock needs to be analysed individually.